[McIDAS #EXQ-796373]: McIDAS install

Hi Gilbert,

re:
> > I get this error
> >
> > IMGDISP GINIWEST/GAR16KWV 1 LAT=61 150 MAG=4 SU=VAPOR
> > Beginning Image Data transfer, bytes= 32084
> > IMGDISP: done
> > IMGDISP failed, RC=2
> > batch.k: BATCH job abandon /home/mcidas/batches/AKREGIONALWV.BAT
> > batch.k: BATCH done /home/mcidas/batches/AKREGIONALWV.BAT
> >

> > The IMGLIST for that dataset find the latest image.
> >
> > Help?
>
> Tom, is that because of the default compression scheme used? If so, how do
> I change it without being on a X window console? I can do it through the
> McGUI...

I don't think so.  The default compression scheme is now GZIP, and the tools
needed to implement this on the client AND server side is bundled in the McIDAS
distribution.  Since the client is running on the server machine, there should
be no problem with compression.  Plus, the error that Paul reported shows that
the data transfer started but did not complete.  My guess is that the script was
run just as the image was being written to disk, and the serving ran out of
image before it was finished.

Ticket ID: EXQ-796373