[McIDAS #STG-808468]: Conversion of mcidas area to shapefile format

Hi Randy,

re:
> Yes...i tried that also and it failed.
>
> Does that work for you?

I think so, yes.

Here is what I did:

IMGREMAP RTIMAGES/GE-IR.1 MYDATA/IMAGES.3000 PRO=RECT    <- RTIMAGES from
ADDE.UCAR.EDU
                                                            MYDATA/IMAGES.3000
== AREA3000
IMGDISP MYDATA/IMAGES.3000                               <- looks good, and
IMGPROBE shows TEMPs
IMGCOPY MYDATA/IMAGES.3000 IMAGES/GEOTIFF.2 SIZE=SAME UNIT=TEMP

Now I have the file GEOTIFF0002.tif in my McIDAS working directory.

I cranked up IDV and loaded it by:

Data Chooser -> Files -> find directory where file lives
Files of Type:  All Files

Select GEOTIFF0002.tif

Add Source

In Field Selector I get:

GEOTIFF0002.tif - 3 Color RGB
GEOTIFF0002.tiv - Grid data

Choose Grid data

In Displays choose Imagery -> Image Display

Right click on gray scale bar under GEOTIFF0002.tiv - Grid data - Image Display

Under Basic choose Inverse Gray Shade

Right click on gray scale bar under GEOTIFF0002.tiv - Grid data - Image Display

Choose Change Range

Click on Use Predefined and select From All Data; click OK

At this point, you should see the image.

Back in Field Selector -> Displays  select Data Probe/Time Series

Now you should have a probe box displayed on top of the image.  Move it around
and
notice the values shown in the Data Probe display.

I did some comparisons between the values listed by the IDV Data Probe and
listed
from IMGPROBE in McIDAS... the values in the IDV are 100 times the values
from McIDAS.  This makes sense since the TEMP values will be scaled by 100
in McIDAS to keep two significant digits of resolution in TEMP values when
stored in an integer.

Please give the above a try and see if you don't get the same results.

Ticket ID: STG-808468
Department: Support McIDAS