[McIDAS #EXQ-796373]: McIDAS install

Hi Gilbert,

Sorry for the slow response, I am working on finishing my AMS paper so I can
upload it before the deadline tonight...

> Got problems. In the /home/mcidas/logs/east.log file on climate, I see a
> lot of this:
>
> TIMEOUT 180 IMGCOPY GINIEAST/GE4KIR SAT.3333 SIZ=SAME BAND=ALL GAU=20
> DAY=7 TIME=20:15 20:20
> Beginning Image Data transfer, bytes= 1639680
> IMGCOPY: SAT is an invalid alias
> IMGCOPY: done

The IMGCOPY command as listed assumes that there is there is an alias defined
named 'SAT' (aliases for ADDE dataset names in McIDAS are managed by the
utililty AKA).  Apparently, on a previous incarnation of climate.cod.edu,
someone had defined some aliases that are then used in a variety of McIDAS
commands.

Aliases are stored in the file pointed to by the MCTABLE_WRITE environment
variable.  For Unidata standard installations of McIDAS, this will be the
file /home/mcidas/data/ADDESITE.TXT for the user 'mcidas'.  So, if the old
version of climate still exists, you might be able to extract the set of
aliases that were previously defined.  The alias entries in the file will
look like:

NICKNAME_alias=ADDE_dataset_name

Here is one example created by 'AKA GV4 BLIZZARD/G7-VIS-4K':

NICKNAME_GV4=BLIZZARD/G7-VIS-4K

The list of aliases defined in a McIDAS session/installation is generated
by running:

AKA LIST

> Yet the ADDE server is running on port 112. What does this mean?

The 'SAT' alias is not defined.

Ticket ID: EXQ-796373
Department: Support McIDAS