[McIDAS #ZHQ-767263]: Fwd: Unidata website registration confirmation and pas sword

Hi Denise,

I _really_ must apologize for the difficulties you are having.  I made
the mistake of dashing off instructions without double checking them
first.  Big mistake!

Here is the _correct_ invocation of DSSERVE for raw GVAR datasets:

DSSERVE ADD GOES12/ALL GVAR 1 99999 TYPE=IMAGE INFO=/uhome/dhummel/goes12
"GOES-12 RAW GVAR
Adding the group G8TEST as a local dataset

Group/Descriptor         Type  Format & Range     RT Comment
------------------------ ----- ------------------ -- --------------------
G12TEST/ALL              IMAGE GVAR 1-99999           GOES-12 RAW GVAR
                               Info=/uhome/dhummel/goes12
DSSERVE: done

The DIRFILE= keyword is used for non-GVAR datasets; the INFO= keyword is
used for raw GVAR datasets.  I wasn't thinking straight when I sent Bernie
and then you instructions.

I just ran this command for the sample data that Bernie made available to
me and got:

IMGLIST GOES12/ALL
Image file directory listing for:GOES12/ALL
 Pos Satellite/         Date       Time      Center   Band(s)
     sensor                                 Lat  Lon
 --- -------------  ------------  --------  ---- ---- ------------
   2  G-12 IMG       1 OCT 04275  00:45:00    14   72 1-4,6
IMGLIST: done

> Is my setup incorrect?

No, but the fault is mine, not yours!

> I am able to get a listing on the other
> datasets.  I am sorry if this is a "newbie question".  I am a UNIX admin
> and have only been working with mcidas for about 2 weeks and only tested
> using AREA files to ensure my installation was correct.  I did read the
> documentation and searched the archives and did not find anything that
> led me in the right direction.

My bad; my sincere apologies!

Ticket ID: ZHQ-767263