[McIDAS #EXQ-796373]: McIDAS install

Hi Paul,

Given Gilbert's and Dave's comments, it looks like the problems you are having
are not directly related to the McIDAS build on climate.cod.edu.  Given this,
I don't think that there is much I can do to help out.

I did make one observation when logged onto climate, however:

- the environment I saw for the 'mcidas' account does not follow my
  recommendations for current releases of McIDAS.  In particular, the
  FC environment variable was set to point at the script 'mcfc' that
  was contained in McIDAS-X v7.8.  I am not sure what effect this will
  have on the executables that have been built.

  My recommendation for how to setup the environment for 'mcidas' are
  detailed in:

  Preparing the mcidas Account

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/mcidas/current/users_guide/PreparingthemcidasAccount.html#22841

  If you see some strangeness in the functioning of one or more v2008
  routines, I would recommend changing the 'mcidas' account to follow
  the recommendations in the above link and rebuilding the distribution
  from scratch.

Ticket ID: EXQ-796373
Department: Support McIDAS