[McIDAS #ZCA-800160]: McIDAS

Hi Paul,

re:
> I hope you are going to be enjoying a good Christmas in Colorado or
> wherever your travels lead you.

Thanks!  I've been holding up in Colorado enjoying the on again and off again
cold weather, AND wishing for snow!

> We are in the process of upgrading our servers and Dave, our admin would
> like to do a fresh install of McIDAS. He wrote the following letter.
>
> Dave Bukowski <address@hidden>
>
> Can you give Tom an email as I don't have his email right off hand here
> and request he contact me, give him this email address for now.  So I can
> get him to get mcidas installed.  I would need to know what he needs
> installed to do the setup and all. -dave
>
> I hope this establishes contact between the two of you.

OK.  Dave is CCed on this reply.  I can do the install, or check to see
what development environments are left to be installed before doing a
McIDAS install.  Off of the top of my head, the following needs to be
installed before McIDAS can be built:

full software development environment that includes:
gcc
g77 or gfortran
make
X development environment
ncurses/curses
flex
yacc (bison)

Any other packages that are needed will be found during the McIDAS build
process.  The above list should be the lion's share, however.

> Thanks and Merry Christmas

Thanks.  You too!

Ticket ID: ZCA-800160