[McIDAS #CMM-711684]: Question about 1KM images resolution for Jamaica

Hi Luis,

We put your email into our inquiry tracking system so that it can be properly
handled...

re:
> We would like to set up a similar images for Jamaica as we have for
> Puerto Rico 1KM resolution  images).  We have tried directly form
> mcidas but I can only get 4KM resolution. I appreciate any help.

The Unidata e-letter had an animation of Hurricane Ike radar reflectivities
which were at 1km resolution.  Your comment about 4KM resolution would appear
to be in reference to the Hurricane Ike data _except_ that there are no 4KM
radar reflectivity products.

Question:

- were you referring to getting access to 1km satellite imagery?

If the answer is yes, then you do have access to 1km VIS satellite imagery
through McIDAS:

ADDE Dataset     server
----------------+---------------------------------------------------
GINIEAST         adde.cise-nsf.gov, adde.ucar.edu, idd.unl.edu, etc.

The 1km VIS images from GOES-East are available in the GINIEAST/GE1KVIS
dataset on all of the servers listed in the Unidata McIDAS page on Publically
Accessible McIDAS ADDE servers page:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/mcidas/adde_servers.html

Please not that there is _no_ GOES infrared imagery at 1km resolution.  The
highest resolution for infrared images from all current GOES platforms
(GOES-East,
GOES-West, GOES-10) is 4km.

Please let me know if you have any questions about McIDAS ADDE access to 1km
resolution satellite imagery, or if I have misinterpreted the question/comment
you originally sent to Jo Hansen.

> Thanks

No worries.

Ticket ID: CMM-711684