[McIDAS #LQK-170550]: McIDAS-X 2008 Make issue

Hi Brendon,

re:
> I am having an issue building Mcidas on the following platform:
>
> address@hidden src]$ uname -a
> Linux cyclone.plymouth.edu 2.6.18-53.1.6.el5.centos.plusPAE #1 SMP Sun
>
> I used -g77 as my VENDOR.

The McIDAS build should work nicely with the gcc/g77 compiler combination on
this platform -- IF there is a full development environment installed.

> I have attached the makelog file for reference.  Please advise.

I deleted the majority of the makelog listing as it was not relevant to the
problem you encountered.  The last compilation is the important one:

./mccomp -O -g77 -I. -I../netcdf/libsrc -I../hdf/hdf/src -I../hdf/mfhdf/libsrc
-I../jpeg -I../libpng -I../zlib -I../tiff/libtiff -I../libgeotiff
-I../jasper/src/libjasper/include -I../g2clib -c mct_winc.c
mccomp: Using default optimizations
rm -f mct_winc.o
gcc -c -O -I. -I../netcdf/libsrc -I../hdf/hdf/src -I../hdf/mfhdf/libsrc
-I../jpeg -I../libpng -I../zlib -I../tiff/libtiff -I../libgeotiff
-I../jasper/src/libjasper/include -I../g2clib mct_winc.c
mct_winc.c:29:20: error: curses.h: No such file or directory

The final line indicates that your machine does not have the curses/ncurses
development
package installed.  You should be able to use 'yum' to install the needed
package.  On my
home Fedora 8 development machine, the package needed is ncurses-devel.i386.  I
installed
it as follows:

<as 'root'>
yum install ncurses-devel.i386

Please note that if the curses/ncurses development enviornment was not
installed, it is
possible/likely that one or more other packages were not installed.  If after
installing
the curses/ncurses development enviornment you still run into problems, look at
the end
of 'makelog' to see what else is probably missing.  Packages that might not be
installed
are:

yacc (bison)
flex
X development
Xt

> Thanks,

No worries.  Please let me know if you run into other problems.

Ticket ID: LQK-170550