[McIDAS #MRV-728442]: RGB enhancement table

Hi Randy,

re:
> ok..how about this question?
>
> I am running mcidas on a MAC PRO. When i start mcidas i get the following
> message:
>
> mcenv: Cannot make positive UC: could not create 55605964-byte shared memory
> segment
>
> I have seen this problem before on the linux version and could fix it but
> dont know
> how on the mac. You have to change something on the OS if i recall. Any
> suggestions?

The instructions for setting the amount of shared memory that is available to
applications
on a variety of OSes, including MacOS-X, can be found in:

Unidata McIDAS-X HomePage
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/mcidas

  Installing McIDAS-X on Unix or Mac OS X Workstations

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/mcidas/current/users_guide/InstallingMcIDAS-XonUnixorMacOSXWorkstations.html#63755

    Preparing the Workstation

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/mcidas/current/users_guide/PreparingtheWorkstation.html#25760

      Shared Memory Configuration

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/mcidas/current/users_guide/workstation.html

The instructions for MacOS-X are at the bottom of the last page.

Ticket ID: MRV-728442