[McIDAS #LFI-822087]: Unable to grant access to McIDAS

Hi Narisara,

re:
> I would like to access McIDAS but got the warning message that
> I don't have a permission to get an accesss. However, it said
> If I came from a degree-granting educational institution outside of the
> United States, I could request access to McIDAS. Could you grant me an
> access? Thanks.

Download access to software we provide is controlled by the user's login to our
website. Access to Unidata McIDAS is further controlled by an 'allow' list whose
entries are based on the user's email address.

In order to allow non-.edu users have access to our distribution of McIDAS, I am
required by SSEC, the owners/developers of McIDAS, to have those users agree to
the following:

SSEC considers permissible users of the international university community
to be those who are using McIDAS-X for academic classroom instruction or
academic research by students related to obtaining a degree. Research institutes
and government agencies that use McIDAS-X for meteorological research or
operations must purchase a license from SSEC for the non-academic use. Given
this clarification, and if Unidata users remain within the licensing terms
that include no re-distribution of any portion of the software, SSEC is
agreeable
to us providing McIDAS to the international university Unidata user community.

So, we need a clear statement from you that specifies the following:

- you are accessing McIDAS from Unidata for use in a university
- McIDAS must be used for academic classroom instruction or academic research
  by students related to obtaining a degree
- your installation of McIDAS is not for use by a government agency,
non-academic
  research institute, or private concern
- you agree that you will not re-distribute any portion of the software

As soon as you state that your use of Unidata McIDAS will conform to the
items above, we will add your address@hidden email address to the list
that allows downloading of Unidata McIDAS.

> Dr. Narisara Thongboonchoo
> Dept. of Chemical Engineering
> Faculty of Engineering
> King Mongkut's Institute of Technology Ladkrabang
> Chalongkrung Rd, Ladkrabang
> Bangkok 10520, Thailand
> Tel: 02-739-2418
> Fax: 02-739-2418 ext 4