[McIDAS #XRR-599672]: Configuring scouring of McIDAS data

Hi Samuel,

re:
> If I knew what step was missing, I would have the MySQL database up and
> running by now.

I agree.

> DMGRID, and DMBIN are both active.

OK.  Had to ask.

> The bash_profile, and the ldd output files are enclosed.

These look correct.

The next thing(s) to look at are:

1) the setup in the version of xcd_run that is being run out of
~ldm/etc/ldmd.conf
   (exec "xcd_run MONITOR"

2) a long listing of the contents of ~mcidas/workdata:

   <as 'mcidas'>
   cd $MCDATA
   ls -alt

3) a listing of the active McIDAS file REDIRECTions:

   <also as 'mcidas'>
   cd $MCDATA
   redirect.k LIST

4) a listing of 'strings' (McIDAS environment variables) defined for
   'mcidas':

   <also as 'mcidas'>
   tl.k

5) a long listing of the contents of 'mcidas' HOME directory:

   <also as 'mcidas'>
   cd
   ls -alt

6) if the string XCDDATA is defined (and it should be), a long listing
   of its parent directory.  For instance, if XCDDATA is defined to
   be /data/ldm/mcidas, then send me the following listing:

   ls -alt /data/ldm

7) for good measure, send me the information on the users 'mcidas', 'mcadde',
   and 'ldm':

   id mcidas
   id ldm
   id mcadde

   They should all be in the same group.

After I look at the output requested above, I might have a better idea of what
may
be going on in your installation/configuration.

The other approach is to give me SSH access as 'mcidas' and 'ldm' on your new
system.

Ticket ID: XRR-599672
Department: Support McIDAS