[McIDAS #EAZ-791845]: McX2007

Hi HP,

I'm responding to the problem building you are having building Unidata McIDAS-X
under OpenSUSE 10.3:

I loaded VMware Player on my Windows XP laptop yesterday and installed the
openSUSE 10.3 virtual machine.  I used Yast2 to install needed development
packages (e.g., gcc, gfortran, ncurses-devel, flex, bison, x11 development)
and then built the current Unidata McIDAS-X snapshot (the distribution available
from our passworded FTP area for McIDAS) with no problems.

Recap:

You mentioned that the problem you ran into was with the X11 development "stuff"
(include files, libraries, or something like that).  The problem is that your
X11 development stuff is in an unexpected place, /var/...  Since this is not
the location for a standard installation of X11 stuff, I recommend that you
use Yast2 to:

- uninstall your current X11 development environment
- after the uninstall, use Yast2 to reinstall the X11 development environment

Hopefully, after doing this you will have a viable development environment
in which Unidata McIDAS-X v2007i can be built in the same way that I was able
to build it (and run it) yesterday.

Ticket ID: EAZ-791845
Department: Support McIDAS