[McIDAS #QJI-536086]: Correction for MODIS bow-tie effect

Hola Carolina,

I apologize for my _very_ late reply to your inquiry!

re:
> Trying to find something about how to correct bow-tie in MODIS images I
> found the web of Unidata and a related support mail, for that reason
> I'm writing, hoping you to give me some orientation or another contact
> to make any question.  Could you tell me more about that, if there is a
> program developed now, if is it free or not.

Looking back through questions in our inquiry tracking system, I found something
that suggests that the MS2GT package:

http://nsidc.org/data/modis/ms2gt/

may do bow tie corrections for MODIS data.

The other package that should include corrections for the bow tie effect in
MODIS imager is IMAPP:

International MODIS/AIRS Processing Package
http://cimss.ssec.wisc.edu/imapp/

If you have McIDAS, there is a test routine that is available for MODIS bow tie
corrections.  It is not very usable outside of McIDAS, however, so you will need
to run McIDAS to use it.

> Best regards and thanks for your time

I am curious about what your affiliation is.  Is SAF associated with a
university
or is it private or governmental?

Again, I apologize for the lateness of my reply!

Ticket ID: QJI-536086