[McIDAS #JNJ-102628]: Need Mcidas 2007b upgrade

Hi Fred,

re:
> NESDIS recently sent out the message of the upcoming change in the
> Meteosat data change scheduled to take place May 5.  It requires the
> Mcidas Upgrade to version 2007b.  Is this version available through
> Unidata?

It will be soon.  I am nearly finished incorporating SSEC v2005b changes
in the Unidata release.  As soon as it is done and tested on a couple of
different systems, I will release a new addendum, Unidata v2007i.

> Also, is there a printer friendly version of the Mcidas Users manual
> available?

No, sorry.  We have been trying to move away from hardcopy...

> Subject: Change in Meteosat-9/MSG Radiance Scheme 5/5/08 - Issued 4/14/08
> Topic: Change in Meteosat-9/MSG Radiance Scheme
> Message Issued: April 14, 2008, 1215 UTC
> Satellites Impacted: Meteosat-9 (MSG)
> Products Impacted: Products from Meteosat-9 (MSG)
> Date/Time of Initial Impact: May 5, 2008

> Details:
>
> To improve the accuracy of brightness temperatures in Meteosat Second
> Generation Data (Meteosat-9), EUMETSAT plans to operationally implement
> a new radiance definition on May 5, 2008; the current spectral radiance
> scheme will be replaced by the new effective radiance scheme.
>
> In preparation for the change, McIDAS users are required to upgrade
> their respective systems to McIDAS2007b prior to May 5, 2008.

> Contact Information:
> John Paquette
> Products Manager
> Satellite Services Division