[McIDAS #APD-338129]: GFS data on ADDE.UCAR.EDU

Hi Jack,

Sorry for the tardy reply...

re:
> I've been looking at the GFS output from the grids stored on RTGRIDS/GFS
> on ADDE.UCAR.EDU.  I was particularly interested in the GFS which is
> plotted on the CONUS 190.5 km grid (grid 202).  I think there may be an
> interopolation problem, as the data I contour is shifted to the south
> relative to output on the other grids available.  I've attached three gif
> files:
>
> GFS201:  Mean sea level pressure on grid 201 (NH polar stereographic, grid
> spacing 381 km)
> GFS202:  Mean sea level pressure on grid 202 (CONUS polar stereographic, grid
> spacing 190.5 km)
> GFS213:  Mean sea level pressure on grid 213 (CONUS polar stereographic, grid
> spacing 95.25 km)
>
> As you can see, everything (see low over eastern US for example) on the
> 202 grid seems to be shifted to the south relative to the other grids.

Yes, I see what you mean.

> Thoughts?
Not right off.  I will do additional comparisons this weekend and take a hard
look
at the XCD code that does the decoding if the other comparisons show similar
feature shifts.

Ticket ID: APD-338129