[McIDAS #HNQ-544745]: Missing SYSKEY.DAT

Hi Angel,

re:
> I think my McIDAS setup is missing more than the SYSKEY.TAB file. I
> replaced it with the one in ~mcidas/data and last time I looked at it,
> the file got truncated to zero bytes.

Hmm... it is as if some non-McIDAS-based process is scouring the directory
where McIDAS decoders write their output.

> When you get a chance could you log in and see what else is missing?

OK.  I was able to logon to metofis as 'ldm', but not as 'mcidas'.

I did find one problem while logged in as 'ldm':

The PATH specification in the cron-initiated McIDAS scouring,
~ldm/decoders/mcscour.sh, did not include the /bin directory.  This
prevented 'rm' from being found which, in turn, prevented the McIDAS
routine DOQTL (executable ~mcidas/bin/doqtl.k) from running since
DOQTL actually runs 'rm'.  I corrected this oversight in 'mcscour.sh'
and ran the scouring by hand to verify that it works correctly now.

I also noted that the file ROUTE.SYS was missing from /data/mcidasd.
I copied the version distributed with Unidata McIDAS to /data/mcidasd,
so decoders that try to update it should now work.  However, the
copy of ROUTE.SYS included in the distribution has a number of actions
specified as being inactive.  I will need to be able to logon as
'mcidas' to correct this.

So, please let me know the password for the user 'mcidas'.

Ticket ID: HNQ-544745