[McIDAS #TFL-790151]: testing ADDE server for Arctic mission

Hi Owen,

re:
> Hsie and I are getting our machine, squall, ready to send to Fairbanks
> for the big NOAA/NASA aircraft study above the Arctic this March-April.

Yup, I've been on squall quite a bit lately :-)

> Squall will have an LDM so we will be sending a lot of data to this
> machine for plotting in the field with McIDAS.  But for bandwidth
> reasons we are limited as to  how much data we can send. So we are
> setting up some ADDE datasets here on blizzard at NOAA ESRL so that I
> can point to them when I am in Fairbanks and easily copy AREA files to
> squall.

Sounds like exactly what I would do.

> The ADDE datasets work fine here in the lab, but we're not so sure if
> the data are accessible to machines outside of our firewall. Could we
> ask you to run a very quick check to see if you can see one of theses
> ADDE datasets?
> In MCTABLE.TXT you need to add ADDE_ROUTE_POLARCAT=BLIZZARD.AL.NOAA.GOV
> and then enter:
> imglist.k POLARCAT/ARC_COMP_IR.ALL

I can report that I can successfully access the POLARCAT/ARC_COMP_IR dataset
from my work machine, yakov.unidata.ucar.edu:

<as 'mcidas' on yakov>
DATALOC ADD POLARCAT BLIZZARD.AL.NOAA.GOV

Group Name                    Server IP Address
--------------------         ----------------------------------------
POLARCAT                     BLIZZARD.AL.NOAA.GOV

<LOCAL-DATA> indicates that data will be accessed from the local data directory.
DATALOC -- done

DSINFO I POLARCAT

        Dataset Names of Type: IMAGE in Group: POLARCAT

Name         NumPos   Content
------------ ------   --------------------------------------
ARC_COMP_IR  99999    POLARCAT ARC_COMP_IR

DSINFO -- done

IMGLIST POLARCAT/ARC_COMP_IR
Image file directory listing for:POLARCAT/ARC_COMP_IR
 Pos Satellite/         Date       Time      Center   Band(s)
     sensor                                 Lat  Lon
 401  G-9 IMG       11 FEB 08042  15:00:00    90  -45 4
IMGLIST: done

The North Pole Composite IRs ook good!

> thanks!

No worries.