[McIDAS #FPC-861362]: Mcidas command

Hi Trung,

I apologize for not being able to get back to you yesterday...

re:
> I am wondering if Mcidas has any sub-routine/command that returns the
> actual number of grids in a particular grid file? I found iggmax, but
> this one returns the maximum number of grids that can be stored in a
> grid file and it's not what I want.

I don't believe so.  The reason for this is that grids in a GRID file may
be deleted/added at any time.  In practice this means that one could
have "holes" in the file where grids that once existed have been deleted.
This would make the last grid in the GRID file misleading if one were
trying to determine how many grids the file has.

> Thank you.

No worries.   Again, I'm sorry for the delay in answering your question.

Ticket ID: FPC-861362