[McIDAS #XRR-599672]: FW: Please remove port 23 access from shu.cup.edu, and add ports 22 & 112.

Hi Samuel,

The indications from config.log coupled with the 'env' output you sent
yesterday are that the C++ development environment on the machine you
are trying to build McIDAS on is incomplete.  The following from config.log
best demonstrates this conjecture:

configure:6683: /usr/bin/cpp -I/usr/include/rpc -DNDEBUG -Df2cFortran
-I/home/mcidas/mcidas2007/hdf/../zlib -I/home/mcidas/mcidas2007/hdf/../jpeg
conftest.cc

cpp: error trying to exec 'cc1plus': execvp: No such file or directory

configure:6689: $? = 1

The important part of this snippit is the line:

cpp: error trying to exec 'cc1plus': execvp: No such file or directory

So, it appears that you or the system admins for this machine need to update
the development environment using something like:

yum update gcc-c++           (update or install)

After the C++ installlation is updated or installed, you should try the McIDAS
build from scratch:

<as 'mcidas'>
cd ~mcidas/mcidas2007/src
make clobber