[McIDAS #VAN-990122]: IDV and EUMETSAT network ...

Hi Maianne,

re:
> Thanks for the info.

No worries.

> Our network people have completely blocked telnet so I cannot even try that.

Interesting.  Usually telnet is blocked for inbound connections, not outbound.

> The Eumetsat ADDE Server is outside of any of these networkers' access, so
> there is
> obviously no blocking done there.

OK.

(which now miraculously has gotten the name adde.eumetsat.int, please try)

I tried this from my Linux development machine at home as soon as I saw your
response this morning.  While the name could be resolved from my home machine,
I was unable to get any information from an ADDE server on adde.eumetsat.int.

I have also been trying to get name resolution here at Unidata, but so far
I have not been able.  This situation will likely go away as soon as DNS
is updated "ouyt there in the Ether" :-)

> I'll pass on the 112 and 80 information to our system people.

Very good.

> Thank you again!

No worries.

I hope to see you sometime before the next MUG meeting...

Ticket ID: VAN-990122