[McIDAS #XRR-599672]: FW: Please remove port 23 access from shu.cup.edu, and add ports 22 & 112.

Hi Samuel,

re:
> Well, I thought I modified LDM's crontab to increase the number of data files
> kept on
> our /data drive, but the size of the data on the drive is actually shrinking.
>  Is there
> some other file I need to modify?  mcscour.sh perhaps?

The number of images you keep online should be determined by your crontab
entries that
run scourBYnumber.  The number of McIDAS MD files that you keep online (and
other McIDAS
files created/used by the McIDAS-XCD decoders) is controlled by entries in
mcscour.sh.
Please note that the number of MD files that can be kept online MUST be less
than or
equal to 9.  This is very important for reasons I can write more about later (I
am at
the McIDAS User's Group meeting in Madison, WI at the moment).

The number of days of GRIB data that will be kept online and in the MySQL
database is
controlled by the number specified in the xcdscour invocation in cron.

The final place to check is ~ldm/etc/scour.conf.  This is the configuration
file for
the LDM's scour utility which is also run out of cron as 'ldmadmin scour'.

Ticket ID: XRR-599672
Department: Support McIDAS