[McIDAS #XRR-599672]: FW: Please remove port 23 access from shu.cup.edu, and add ports 22 & 112.

Hi Samuel,

re:
> Ya, I know that I1 stuff is weird,

Yes, it certainly is...

> but I think it might be a good idea to leave WMO alone, and not worry
> about GRIB.  I was only interested in GRIB to ensure complete functionality
> of ldm.  If it's not necessary for the data we are currently ingesting,
> I'd say forget it.

WMO is a compound feed:

WMO == IDS|DDPLUS|HRS

The IDS|DDPLUS feed contains global the observational data that you definitely
want.  More below.

> I'm out of /home/ldm/etc/ldmd.conf, so you can go ahead and modify it.

Thanks.  I just revamped the requests (some consolidation; some commenting out;
more commentary) and am in the process of restarting the LDM (this takes a lot
of time on shu... kinda weird, it looks like the system is I/O bound).

> Getting ADDE up and running is the more important issue.  I'm pretty sure it
> isn't working today.

ADDE is now working, but what I had to do was _not_ normal.  I had to add
setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH to include /usr/local/mysql/lib in ~mcidas/.mcenv.
Without
doing this, the McIDAS executables would fail because the shared MySQL library
would not be found.  I had to make the same modification in:

~mcidas/.bash_profile
~ldm/decoders/xcd_run
~ldm/decoders/batch.k
~ldm/util/mcscour.sh

It is as though MySQL is not really installed on the system (meaning that
it was unpacked, but not registered).

I also modified the firewall running on shu to allow access through port 112.

After doing the above, I am able to access the datasets being hosted through
ADDE on shu.

Question:

- how was MySQL installed on shu

Ticket ID: XRR-599672