[McIDAS #XYA-857906]: RE: Cloudsat data in mcidas

Hi Randy,

re:
> Ok...Let's try this one.
>
> Do you guys have a program which will generate the false color image
> based on channels 1,2,3 of the MSG-9 data.
> Maybe some of the guys at CIMSS has one.

Have you looked at the COMBINE command in McIDAS?  The idea behind COMBINE
is to combine the displays of bands loaded in different frames into a
combined, 24-bit image in a separate window.

The following is the listing of a BATCH file I created to create an RGB
composite
of Meteosat-9 imagery:

LOGON xxx xxxx
IMGDISP EUM_AD/M9 1 MAG=-5 LATLON=0 0 BAND=1 TIME=%1
IMGDISP EUM_AD/M9 2 MAG=-5 LATLON=0 0 BAND=2 TIME=%1
IMGDISP EUM_AD/M9 3 MAG=-5 LATLON=0 0 BAND=3 TIME=%1
COMBINE 0 3 2 1
LOGOFF

(NB: I have a logon to the EUMETSAT ADDE server so I can get the realtime
Meteosat-9 data; you would need to get your own logon or have a different
source for Meteosat-9 images).

Ticket ID: XYA-857906
Department: Support McIDAS