[McIDAS #ZIJ-447249]: Need your help, Tom!

Hi Gilbert,

re:
> On both weather and weather2.admin.niu.edu, a script which makes a
> watch/warning display and saves it to GIF:
>
> http://weather.admin.niu.edu/warn1.gif
> http://weather2.admin.niu.edu/warn1.gif
>
> isn't working.

Or there was no data to plot.

> It's like there's no data. Is my XCD server up?

It certainly is on weather.  I am attaching a plot of a map of fronts and
weather watches/warnings I just created from data served off of weather.

A DATALOC listing shows that I am pointed at weather.admin.niu.edu for
this data:

DATALOC LIST RTWXTEXT

Group Name                    Server IP Address
--------------------         ----------------------------------------
RTWXTEXT                     WEATHER.ADMIN.NIU.EDU

<LOCAL-DATA> indicates that data will be accessed from the local data directory.
DATALOC -- done

There may not be much in the way of watches and warnings depicted in the plot,
but there is some down in southeastern Texas.  Also, the existence of frontal
boundaries shows that the data for the RTWXTEXT dataset is being received and
correctly processed on weather.

I just pointed at weather2 and get the essentially the same plot (you can
see the difference in the plots by looking closely at the time stamp in
on the top of each image).

Thirdly, I pointed at stratus.al.noaa.gov;

DATALOC ADD RTWXTEXT stratus.al.noaa.gov
Group Name                    Server IP Address

RTWXTEXT                     STRATUS.AL.NOAA.GOV

<LOCAL-DATA> indicates that data will be accessed from the local data directory.
DATALOC -- done

and got the same plot as I got off of weather and weather2.

> When I get in tomorrow and have time to look at stuff, I'll see if McIDAS
> now works. Too late for me to check now, had to go home for the night.

OK.  I think things are working OK.

Ticket ID: ZIJ-447249
Department: Support McIDAS