[ldmMcidas #UGB-430567]: Mcidas schema not registered

Hi Trung,

re:
> I have the following line of code in a *.mac file.
>
> CALL SYSTEM('/home/dpis/mcidas/data/emailnote '//CSTAT)
>
> I would like to define an $ANCHOR with the above path value -
> $ANCHOR=/home/dpis/mcidas/data and would like to have that $ANCHOR in
> the CALL SYSTEM command.
>
> i.e. CALL SYSTEM('$ANCHOR/emailnote '//CSTAT) so the $ANCHOR will be
> replaced by '/home/dpis/mcidas/data' at run time.
>
> How would I do that in Fortran? Not sure of what the syntax is. Thanks.

Since expansion of references to environment variable (e.g., $ANCHOR) is
done by the shell, I don't think that you will be able to do what you
want to do in one step.  Instead, you will need to:

- call the Fortran library routine 'getenv' to get the value of your
  'anchor' variable (environment variable)

- run the comand using the library routine 'system'

Here is some code that should approximate this:

      character*80 anchor
      integer      len_trim
      integer      length
      call getenv('ANCHOR', anchor)
      length = len_trim(anchor)
      call system(anchor(1:length)//'emailnote '//CSTAT)

Ticket ID: UGB-430567
Department: Support McIDAS