[ldmMcidas #UGB-430567]: Mcidas schema not registered

Hi Trung,

re:
> Thank you so much for your help.

No worries.

> You were right. The difference in the schema versions was the cause.

Thought so :-)

> I have to admit that I am new to Mcidas and other Unidata software. I am
> wondering if there is any source of documentation or tutorials online
> where I can find info about Mcidas commands (are they?) such as MDMAKE
> and the like...

Well... MDMAKE is not a McIDAS "command", it is a McIDAS library routine.
Most routines in the McIDAS library have man pages that get installed if
you perform a 'make install.mcxall'.  You will, of course, have to have
the ~mcidas/man directory included in your MANPATH.  Since I don't see
a man page for MDMAKE, I assume you will have to resort to reading the
informational header in the file:

C MDMAKE BARRET 1181  MAKE MD FILE
C $ MDMAKE(MDNO, PSNAME, PSVSN, PNR, PNC, PINTGR, PTEXT)  (GAD)
C $ MAKE A MD FILE.  FN VAL IS 0 (OK), 1 (FILE ALREADY EXISTS), OR -1
C $   (CAN'T MAKE).
C $ INPUT:
C $   MDNO = (I) MD FILE NO (1...999999)
C $   PSNAME = (I) SCHEMA NAME (A4). SCHEMA MUST HAVE BEEN PREVIOUSLY
C $      LOADED INTO FILE 'SCHEMA'
C $   PSVSN = (I) SCHEMA VERSION #. IF 0, MOST RECENT VERSION IS USED.
C $   PNR = (I) MAX # OF ROWS IN THIS MD FILE. IF 0, DEFAULT FROM SCHEMA
C $      IS USED
C $   PNC = (I) MAX # OF COLUMNS, ETC.
C $   PINTGR = (I) INTEGER IDENT FOR THIS FILE. FOR MOST FILES WILL BE
C $      SSYYDDD. IF 0, DEFAULT FROM SCHEMA IS USED
C $   PTEXT = (I) 8-WORD ARRAY WITH 32-BYTE TEXT IDENT FOR FILE.  IF
C $      PTEXT(1) IS 0, DEFAULT FROM SCHEMA IS USED.
C $$ MDMAKE = MD

I must say that I am a bit surprised that there is no man page for mdmake...

> I could find the explanations of some Mcidas command at
> the following link:
>
> http://www.ssec.wisc.edu/mcidas/doc/users_guide/2006/commands-23.html#26670
>
> But not for MDMAKE

Right, because the Users Guide documents the McIDAS programs, not the library
routines.  The McIDAS Programmer's Reference Manual:

http://www.ssec.wisc.edu/mcidas/doc/prog_man.html

documents a large portion of the user-level routines in the McIDAS library.

> or something like this:
>
> .*TXVA* (MDNC) IN TEXT= (CTXTF) that caused the below error:
>
> *** LWOPN ERROR FOR FILE ALLTEXT  - NO DATA FOUND
> ALLTEXT OPEN ERROR: EXECUTION TERMINATED  *****

Hmm... I am not sure where this message is coming from.  I just did a
case-insensitive
grep for ALLTEXT in all McIDAS source code, and found no reference to it.

Is this output from some locally-developed code?

> or
>
> LWOPN ERROR FOR FILE GWDPITXT - NO DATA FOUND
> LWREAD ERROR - UNIT   99 NOT ASSIGNED
> LWRITE ERROR - UNIT   99 IS NOT ASSIGNED
> LWCLS ERROR - UNIT   99 NOT ASSIGNED TO ANY FILE
>
> I tried to find out info about *TXVA, LWOPN ,LWREAD , LWRITE, LWCLS*.

I looked through all of the source code for TXVA and see nothing:

% grep -i TXVA *.pgm *.for *.c *.dlm *.fp *.cp *.mac
/home/mcidas/mcidas2006/src%

I assume, therefore, that these must be modules in routines that you inherited
from somewhere.

> What are the files '*ALLTEXT'* and '*GWDPITXT*'?

I don't have a clue.  They are not part of the Unidata McIDAS source/data.

> Again, thank you for your help.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help...

Ticket ID: UGB-430567