[McIDAS #CNE-889859]: Setting up ADDE server

Hi Mike,

re:
> Sorry if I wasn't clear, I knew what I meant :)

It was probably me...

re:
> Yes, xinetd is running and the adde server responds, but it seems like
> the adde server can't locate the data to send back. From a client
> machine it responds back with:
>
> address@hidden ~]$ dsinfo.k IMAGE ER
> No Datasets found of Type: IMAGE in Group: ER
> DSINFO -- done

Hmm... you will get this kind of a return under a couple of different
circumstances only one of which is related to the ADDE remote setup.

> If it is easier, I can give you the necessary login info for our remote
> login machine and the server in question.

This would likely minimize the time needed to sort out what is going on.

> You can not access the ADDE
> service from outside our campus network.

OK, I figured as much.

> What email would you lile the login instructions sent to?

address@hidden

Please send the password(s) in one email with NO mention of the accounts
or machine name, and the fully qualified machine name in a different
email.  Also, it would be most useful if you could insure that machines
from the unidata.ucar.edu domain can SSH to your machine.

Ticket ID: CNE-889859