[McIDAS #FJA-643858]: McIDAS-XRD

Hi Tyn,

I just returned from the AGU meeting in Acapulco and am catching up on support
email...

> i made an error by doing ("I. install new distribution:"):
>
> cd ~mcidas/mcidas2006/src
> make clobber
>
> i should have followed your instruction for "II. upgrade your existing
> installation with
> the latest addendum" as i'm upgrading an existing installation.

This should not present much, if any, problems.

> Any ideas if this affects my installation with the custom SEVIRI-wavelet code
> if
> i go ahead now following II?

If the modifications to support wavlet-compressed SEVIRI data were made in a
file
that is contained in the McIDAS addendum, then unpacking the new code will
affect
your work.  In this case, the best approach would be to:

- get a list of all files that you modified for the wavelet decompression
- compare this list with the list of files contained in the addendum to see
  if you work will be replaced.  If it will, save off your file(s) so you can
  re-implement the change(s)

Ticket ID: FJA-643858
Department: Support McIDAS