[McIDAS #NFS-451719]: Seeking POES AHVRR data

Hi Patrick,

re:
> I am trying to locate a McIDAS server to acquire POES AHVRR data. Are you
> aware
> of any public McIDAS servers with this data?

NOAA maintains a number of ADDE server installations that probably have the data
you are looking for.  Most of these machines require that one be granted access
after specifying one or two machines from which the ADDE access will be
initiated.
Unidata received access to most of the NOAA ADDE servers several years ago by
virtue of our existing relationship(s) with NOAA.  Since you work for NOAA,
it would seem that you should be given access to the various machines without
jumping through too many hoops.

The last I heard (and that was 2 years ago), the NOAA/NESDIS Satellite Services
Division
person to contact to get access to NOAA's ADDE servers was Richard Garey
<address@hidden>.
(I was told that Richard was the contact by Brian Hughes <address@hidden>).
Given the
length of time that has passed since I last looked into the procedure for
getting
access to the NOAA ADDE servers, it is likely that the contact person(s) has
changed,
but Richard and/or Brian might be a good place to start.

Another resource you might be interested in is the MODIS data on the NASA
machine, nanuk.eosdis.nasa.gov.  The ADDE dataset group name for this machine
is NANUK.

Ticket ID: NFS-451719
Department: Support McIDAS