[McIDAS #FJA-643858]: McIDAS-XRD

Hi Tyn and Ambika,

Sorry for the slow response on this one...

re:
> I have a student from India, Ambika Mukund. She hopes to explore the
> use of passive microwave sensors and optical sensors in drought
> assessment in agriculture in Rajasthan. Can you help me with the
> specific routines from McIDAS-XRD so to at support for:
>
> AMSR-E HDF image server
> SSM/I netCDF image server

I just added support for that will build all of the ADDE servers contained
in the 2006 XRD distribution:

amsradir.cp
amsraget.cp
kalpadir.cp
kalpaget.cp
mod3adir.cp
mod3aget.cp
sminadir.cp
sminaget.cp
tminadir.cp
tminaget.cp

The servers you requested specifically are:

amsradir.cp
amsraget.cp
sminadir.cp
sminaget.cp

These new additions have resulted in a new McIDAS-X v2006 distribution, v2006h.
You can install the updates in two equivalent ways, both of which are done as
the user 'mcidas':

<login as 'mcidas'>

I. install new distribution:

cd ~mcidas/mcidas2006/src
make clobber
cd ~mcidas
ftp ftp.unidata.ucar.edu
  <user> <username> <- you should have this already
  <pass> <password>
  cd unix/2006
  binary
  get mcidasx2006.tar.gz
  quit
tar xvzf mcidasx2006.tar.gz
cd ~mcidas/mcidas2006/src
make
make xrd
make install
make install install.xrd

II. upgrade your existing installation with the latest addendum

cd ~mcidas/mcidas2006/update
ftp ftp.unidata.ucar.edu
  <user> <username> <- you should have this already
  <pass> <password>
  cd unix/2006/bugfix
  binary
  get mcupdate.tar.gz
  get mcupdate
  quit

chmod +x mcupdate
./mcupdate
cd ~mcidas/mcidas2006/src
make
make xrd
make install
make install install.xrd

NB:  I verified that the XRD routines build on my Fedora Core 6 64-bit
Linux system, but I have not tested them.

Ticket ID: FJA-643858
Department: Support McIDAS