[McIDAS #YUN-823771]: McIDAS won't start after instalation

Hi Melvin,

re:
> I installed McIDAS on my computer running Ubuntu Linux. If I enter "mcidasx"
> on the terminal, the McIDAS configuration window starts OK. But when I try
> to start McIDAS from the configuration window or from a terminal entering
> "mcidas", it wont start and the following error appears:
>
> address@hidden:~$ mcidas
> Error in startup script: invalid command name "fileToList"
> while executing
> "fileToList $mcrcfile"
> (procedure "readMcidasrc" line 139)
> invoked from within
> "readMcidasrc "$home/.mcidasrc""
> (file "/home/mcidas/mcidas2006/src/mcidas" line 667)
>

> I installed McIDAS on my laptop and it worked perfectly. I really hope you
> can help me.

I have seen this kind of thing happen on occasion, and I never knew exactly why
it occurred.  A procedure that has worked in the past -- assuming that the
environment variables needed to build and run are correctly set -- is the
following:

<as 'mcidas'>
cd ~mcidas/mcidas2006/src
make uninstall
make install

Please give this a try and see if your problem doesn't go away.

> Thanks

No worries.

Ticket ID: YUN-823771