[McIDAS #TUW-947037]: COSMIC

Hi Tyn,

re:
> i hope you are doing o.k.? Did she enjoy the cheese/knife?

I have been doing well, thanks!  The only mishap during my trip to Enschede was
my cracking a tooth on a sandwich that I put together for the trip from the
hotel to Schiphol :-(  I will be getting this looked at tomorrow (Monday).
Cathy like the cheese and knife set -- the cheese is almost gone since we put it
out for annual New Year's Day party.  I am almost sorry that I didn't buy two
of the wheels!

> Any news on COSMIC support in McIDAS?

No, not yet.  Getting anything done over the Christmas holidays has been
challenging
for two major reason: lots of folks taking time off and 3 big snowstorms that
hit Colorado.  The first storm dumped 63.5 cm at my house; the second dumped 46
cm;
and the third dumped 30.5 cm.  The first two storms caused cancellation of work
(people worked from home).  Interestingly, each storm hit on a Wednesday or
Thrusday,
and Cathy and I were forced to take the Friday off because it took me that long
to shovel out my driveway.

> On the horizontal resolution, do you have more details on this (i searched the
> Net but to no avail)?

I thought that there are some coverage maps on the COSMIC website
(www.cosmic.ucar.edu)
or in one or more COSMIC presentations (also on the website somewhere), but I
just took
a quick look and couldn't find them.

I should learn more about our ability to distribute the COSMIC data as January
progresses.
Things will be pretty hectic since a good fraction of UCAR/NCAR will be heading
San Antonio for the annual American Meteorological Society meeting starting
this coming
Saturday.  I will let you know what I find out...

Ticket ID: TUW-947037