[McIDAS #WZP-303376]: FW: McIDAS ADDE HDF DAAC

Hi Tyn,

re:
> Just to remind you to ask around to see if there is anyone who has good
> contacts at MODAPS. And see if they are willing to setup an ADDE server
> to their MODIS level 2 products now only being served as ftp/binary.

Here is the reply I got from Dave Santek from the note I sent off to the
mcidas-users email list that asked for info on who might be serving MODIS
level 2 data via ADDE:

  Hi Tom,

  OpenADDE is installed at: http://ladsweb.nascom.nasa.gov/

  DATALOC ADD AADS LADSWEB.NASCOM.NASA.GOV

  But, the servers are crashing. I'll check on this. That site has the
  global, archive of atmosphere products. Last time I tried was in October
  and it was working fine.

  Another site, that has just local data, is at the University of South
  Florida:

  DATALOC ADD USFIMARS CYCLOPS.MARINE.USF.EDU

  dave

I am, quite frankly, suprised that the University of South Florida is
serving MODIS data since the folks that I worked with there were not
what I would consider McIDAS power users (capable but not experts).

I just checked on the availability of the ADDE server at USF, and it
responds quickly.  However, some of the lists are not good.

Also,  a DSINFO IMAGE AADS gets nowhere for the OpenADDE server
LADSWEB.NASCOM.NASA.GOV.  I guess this failure agrees with Dave's comment
about the server crashing...

Ticket ID: WZP-303376
Department: Support McIDAS