[McIDAS #FTX-113765]: How does DMSFC work?

Hi Kwan,

re:
> How are you?

I am fine, thanks.  I am in Amsterdam at the moment attending an expert meeting
on
curriculum development.  I apologize for taking a long time to get back to you,
but my ability to access the Internet has been limited.

> I would like to get back to you on the
> question I asked you back in June on whether there is a
> way to convert a METAR text file to McIDAS MD file (I
> suppose).

OK.  There are two ways to approach this:

TXT2MD
DMSFC

> You told me that McIDAS XCD's DMSFC did
> something like that.  How can I find more details about
> it?

This will be hard to write up quickly, but it is one of the items on
my work list for meetings here in Amsterdam.  If we can work on this
tomorrow or Saturday, I should be able to send you a HOWTO for using
DMSFC to decode METARs into McIDAS MD files.  I can tell you this, however,
that the process will be a bit messy.

Ticket ID: FTX-113765
Department: Support McIDAS