[Support #EID-986015]: SFCCON without the graphics

Hi Tyn,

I'm catching up on some support email after returning from the Internet2
conference...

re:
> Hi Tom, is there anyway I could run a SFCCON without the results being
> printed to the graphical screen. I have run this command on a global
> scale and my grddisp.k process seems to take a very very long time to
> comlete. I'm only interested in the GRIded outputs of OUT=SPLOT...

Yes.  The undocumented OUT= keyword for SFCCON works in the same way as
it does for PTCON (since it merely sends the option to PTCON which actually
does the work).

The syntax would be:

SFCCON param map <time> <day> OUT=SAVE MYDATA/GRIDS.132

Where:

- the output dataset of type GRID must be defined first
- the output GRID file (GRID0132 in this case) will be created if it doesn't
already
  exist, otherwise it will be appended to

For really fine scale control over plotting and contouring you can use PTDISP
and PTCON directly.

Ticket ID: EID-986015
Department: Support McIDAS