[Support #III-639429]: SRFCCON to the limit?

Hi Tyn,

re:
> i hope everything is ok with you?

I am doing well, thank you!

> Can you help me, i can do a map display with MAP CHINA fine, but in
> SFCCON i get the following error:
>
> SFCCON T CHINA LATEST DAT=RTPTSRC/SFCHOURLY RTPTSRC/SYNOPTIC
> RTPTSRC/SHIPBUOY UN=C OUT=SCON SRFESTG/ALL.1 DEL=YES LLINC=0.1 0.11
> DIST=20 BPA=50 PRO=CONF
>
> unrecognized MAP name: CHINA

I verified this result on my home development machine.  It looks like this
bug also affects SFCPLOT.

> Is there an alternative for that tries to get the previous hour .-1 or
> just the synoptic hours instead of LATEST?

You will be forced to specify the time you want since there is no syntax
for the previous hour (i.e., <hour>-1 will not work).

> btw: if i do a MAP display first of CHINA, and the use:
>
> SFCCON T NAV=C LATEST DAT=RTPTSRC/SFCHOURLY RTPTSRC/SYNOPTIC
> RTPTSRC/SHIPBUOY UN=C OUT=SCON SRFESTG/ALL.1 DEL=YES LLINC=0.1 0.11
> DIST=20 BPA=50 PRO=CONF
>
> it sort of works, but still may NAVigation in the AREA is scruwed....

Hmm... This is unexpected.

I just ran the following SFCCON invocations (it is currently 16 UTC):

ERASE
MAP CHINA
SFCCON T SAT 15 DAT=RTPTSRC/SYNOPTIC LLINC=0.1 0.11 DIST=20 BPA=50

ERASE
MAP CHINA
SFCCON T SAT 15 DAT=RTPTSRC/SFCHOURLY RTPTSRC/SYNOPTIC RTPTSRC/SHIPBUOY
LLINC=0.1 0.11 DIST=20 BPA=50

Both worked, but the contour lines get abbreviated since there are lots of
data sparse regions.  I have attached a GIF of the second run.

I will be looking into why specifying 'CHINA' as a MAP name is not working.

Ticket ID: III-639429