[McIDAS #JIN-832252]: cannot get MySQL database working with GRIB data

Hi again Robert,

Just a quick note to let you know that I have been running the ADDE
GRIB (GRIB 1) server on my 64-bit Fedora Core 5 machine since yesterday
afternoon.  I followed the steps you outlined in the first message of
this thread for setting up the MySQL database, etc.  As soon as
'gribadmin latest' showed that GRIB1 messages were being processed, I
turned off DMGRID decoding and started setting up ADDE datasets using
direct GRIB access.

Everything is working nicely for me _except_ that not all of the AMPS
fields are being processed correctly.  I have not (yet) made an inventory
of which fields are not displayable, so I have no guidance for you on
what to expect when you hit the ice.  Along these lines, I would appreciate
you developing an inventory (list) of which fields are processed correctly
and which are not.  I will then use grib messages from the 'not' list
to improve the GRIB decoding/serving in McIDAS.

Have fun in Antarctica!

Ticket ID: JIN-832252