[McIDAS #AZI-502215]: McIDAS-X 2004 Point ADDE problems

Hi Tijn,

re:
> how are you?

I am doing well, thanks.  I hope that you are well also!

> I'm not sure why, but IDV has problems understanding my adde.itc.nl
> SRFOBS/METAR data pointer. it could be an McIDAS config error on my
> side. Could you pls review my settings?

Sure...

> in RESOLV.SRV:
>
> N1=SRFOBS,N2=METAR,TYPE=POINT,RT=N,K=MD,R1=1,R2=9000,C=Hourly surface
> observations,

This looks OK.

> in LWPATH:
>
> MDXX* /home/mcidas/data/surfobs

Assuming that your SRFOBS dataset is composed of data in MDXX files, then
this should be OK also.

> PTLIST works:
>
> PTLIST SRFOBS/METAR.1
> Row :      1  Col :      1
> TYPE        =         0             | DAY         =   2006314 CYD         |
> TIME        =         0 HMS         | NREC        =      3307             |
> ID          =      KNKX             | LAT         =   32.8644 DEG         |
> LON         =  117.1308 DEG         | ZS          =       145 M           |
> ST          =        CA             | CO          =        US             |
> MOD         =         0             | HMS         =    235600 HMS         |
> CIGC        = _missing_             | CC1         =         1             |
> CC2         =         1             | CIGH        = _missing_             |
> ZCL1        =     2000. FT          | ZCL2        =     3000. FT          |
> VIS         =       7.0 MI          | WX1         = _missing_             |
> WX2         = _missing_             | T           =    291.46 K           |
> TD          =    287.06 K           | DIR         =       280 DEG         |
> SPD         =       3.6 MPS         | GUS         = _missing_             |
> PSL         =   1012.18 MB          | PCP         = _missing_             |
> SNO         = _missing_             | PRE         =   1011.60 MB          |
> P24         = _missing_             | WXC1        = _missing_             |
> WXC2        = _missing_             | WXC3        = _missing_             |
> WXC4        = _missing_             |
> Number of matches found = 1
> PTLIST: Done

Looks OK.  What is the SCHEMA for the file(s) in question?

> And an display also:
>
> PTDISP SRFOBS/METAR.2 1 SELECT='TIME 17'  PARAM=T[K] MAP=MID MCOLOR=1 LSIZE=8
> COLOR=>
> PTDISP - done

The fact that you can list and plot the data seems to say that your ADDE
server setup has no problems (and I don't see any).

> The only funny thing i can see is that the SSEC gui does correctly detect and
> list all variables in the dataset, but my local ADDE copy not

I am not sure what you are saying here.  What do you mean by your "local ADDE
copy"?

It would be very useful if I could get access to  your ADDE server so
I can run tests on this end.  I just tried to do this from my home machine:

DATALOC ADD SRFOBS adde.itc.nl

Group Name                    Server IP Address
--------------------         ----------------------------------------
SRFOBS                       ADDE.ITC.NL

<LOCAL-DATA> indicates that data will be accessed from the local data directory.
DATALOC -- done

DSINFO P SRFOBS

The 'DSINFO P SRFOBS' command did not complete before timing out.  This tells
me that either your ADDE server was not running or it was not accessible
because of a firewall configuration (I tried testing access to the ADDE
server on all ports supported in McIDAS-X v2004, 500 (uncompressed), 503
('compress' compressed), and 112 ('gzip' compressed); all attemptes failed).

Can you give me access to your ADDE server so I can access the SRFOBS dataset?

Ticket ID: AZI-502215
Department: Support McIDAS