[McIDAS #UFO-107919]: IMGCOPY and netcdf

Hi Guatam,

re:
> We had to restart the cluster. Sorry about the inconvenience.

No problem...

> It is up and running now.

I have been trying to track down where your problem might be
off and on during the day today.  After the cluster restart,
I tried to build a new version of the output netCDF image server,
ncdfaput, but this failed with a strange error message:

compile ncdfaput.cp:            done
./mccomp -O -s -o ncdfaput ncdfaput.o -L. -lsdi -lmcidas -L../netcdf/libsrc
-lnetcdf
mccomp: Using default optimizations
g77 -O -o ncdfaput ncdfaput.o -L. -L../netcdf/libsrc -L/usr/X11R6/lib
-L/usr/lib/gcc/powerpc-apple-darwin8/4.0.0 -lsdi -lmcidas -lnetcdf -lgcc_g77 -lm
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/lib/gcc/powerpc-apple-darwin8/4.0.0/libgcc.a(_udivdi3.o)
section's (__TEXT,__eh_frame) type S_COALESCED does not match previous objects
type S_REGULAR
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/lib/gcc/powerpc-apple-darwin8/4.0.0/libgcc.a(_umoddi3.o)
section's (__TEXT,__eh_frame) type S_COALESCED does not match previous objects
type S_REGULAR
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
link    ncdfaput:               FAILED

This error makes it look like there is some (new?) incompatibility in
libgcc.a!?  I do not understand
what the loader (/usr/bin/ld) is trying to tell me, but I am inclined to
rebuild the entire
distribution from scratch.  I will only do this because the existing set of
executables
will remain unaltered in ~mcidas/bin.

Ticket ID: UFO-107919