[McIDAS #UFO-107919]: IMGCOPY and netcdf

Hi Gautam,

re: write permission in output diretory

> Yes, I do have write permission for the directory.

OK.  I had to ask since I have seen others tripped up by unexpected
write permission problems...

re: any REDIRECTions in place

> REDIRECT LIST
> Number of active redirection entries=0
> REDIRECT: Done

This says it all; you have no REDIRECTs in place.

> DMAP *.nc
> PERM      SIZE LAST CHANGED FILENAME      DIRECTORY
> ---- --------- ------------ ------------- ---------
> -r--     16376 Dec 05  2003 netcdfbuoy.nc /Network/Servers/
> headnode.cluster.lan/Volumes/Data/Home/mcidas/data
> 16376 bytes in 1 files

Are you running as you or as 'mcidas'?

> Infact I am able to copy AREA files from BLIZZARD in the same
> directory and it seems that trouble arises while copying to netCDF.
>
> IMGCOPY BLIZZARD/G7-VIS-4K.1 TEMP/ALBEDO
> Beginning Image Data transfer, bytes= 308048
> Transferring AREA data outbound, bytes= 308128
> IMGCOPY: BLIZZARD/G7-VIS-4K.1 copied to TEMP/ALBEDO.2
> IMGCOPY: done

OK.

> Also, I know that I had success with imcopy cmd for netcdf. Lately we
> have been install lot of stuff on our clusters and have compiled
> netcdf libraries numerous time. Could that be causing problems ? (I
> have ensured that correct NETCDF path is in my env)

No, the version of netCDF that McIDAS uses is the one that is sent
in the distribution, and McIDAS commands like 'ncdfaput' (the ADDE server
that is actually writing the output netCDF file) are statically
linked as far as the netCDF library is concerned.  So, your loading of
new versions of netCDF should have no bearing on this problem... I think.

Since I can not reproduce the problem you are seeing here, can I logon
to your machine to run some tests?

Ticket ID: UFO-107919
Department: Support McIDAS