[McIDAS #CNT-495406]: McIDAS-X can not be downloaded.

Zhuanshi,

re:
> I am trying to download the  McIDAS-X through
> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/downloads/index.jsp
>
> However, the message shows that:

> We are sorry, but you must be in an educational institution to
> download this software.
>
> If you feel you have received this message in error, or if you have
> any questions, please contact: address@hidden
>
> Is there any restriction for downloading outside of USA ?

No.  Our license to distribute McIDAS-X/-XCD is, however, limited to
educational institutions.  Please confirm that your institution,
Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology, is a degree granting
institution of higher education.  As soon as this is confirmed,
we will add you to the list of sites that are allowed to download
our distribution of McIDAS.

> Or any other websites can obtain this software?

If your institution is _not_ a educational institution, you will need
to get McIDAS directly from the owners/authors of McIDAS, the Space Science
and Engineering Center (SSEC) of the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
The email you should use to contact SSEC -- if you are not an educational
institution -- is address@hidden

> Zhuanshi He / Z. He (PhD)
> ADvanced Environmental Monitoring Research Center (ADEMRC)
> Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology
> 1 Oryong-dong, Buk-gu, Gwangju 500-712, Republic of Korea.
> Tel. +82-62-970-3406   Fax. +82-62-970-3404
> Email: address@hidden
> Web: http://atm1.gist.ac.kr/~hzs/

Ticket ID: CNT-495406