[McIDAS #LMF-659255]: McIDAS ADDE

Hi Tom,

re:
> Here's a portion of the output from iptables:
>
> ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere            state NEW
> tcp dpt:ssh
> ACCEPT     udp  --  anywhere             anywhere            state NEW
> udp dpt:112
> ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere            state NEW
> tcp dpt:112
> ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere            state NEW
> tcp dpt:sunrpc
> ACCEPT     udp  --  anywhere             anywhere            state NEW
> udp dpt:sunrpc
> ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere            state NEW
> tcp dpt:388
> ACCEPT     udp  --  anywhere             anywhere            state NEW
> udp dpt:388
> ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere            state NEW
> tcp dpt:isakmp
> ACCEPT     udp  --  anywhere             anywhere            state NEW
> udp dpt:isakmp
> ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere            state NEW
> tcp dpt:503
> ACCEPT     udp  --  anywhere             anywhere            state NEW
> udp dpt:503
>
> so it looks like the ports are open.

I agree.

> I have not yet had a chance to set up
> hosts.allow and hosts.deny, so they are both empty.
> Do I need to have an entry in hosts.allow?

You may want to rerun the mcinet2005.sh script (as 'root').  One thing
that this script does is add ALLOW entries to /etc/hosts.allow.  Since
your /etc/hosts.allow file is empty at the moment, access may be being
blocked by default.

> (I can successfully NFS mount a drive locally from
> this system, so I know the other ports I opened -- portmap, nfs, mountd,
> etc. -- are available.)
>
> It also appears xinetd is running:
>
> address@hidden ~]# ps ax | grep xinet
> 11160 ?        Ss     0:00 xinetd -stayalive -pidfile /var/run/xinetd.pid

I agree.

> You are correct in that xinetd is not set to start at boot. I will have
> to change that.
>
> I have gone ahead and set the ldm and mcidas passwords temporarily to your
> last name (no caps). Take a look with what that gives you.

I am on cacimbo right now.  I have modified ~mcidas/data/LSSERVE.BAT to account
for the change in GOES-West from GOES-10 to GOES-11.  I also changed the
INFO=NNEXRAD.CFG entries to read INFO=UGANEXR.CFG, and I created UGANEXR.CFG
to correctly point at your NEXRAD Level III data.  The ADDE dataset
definitions were made active by me running:

<as 'mcidas'>
cd ~mcidas/workdata
batch.k LSSERVE.BAT

> If you need root,
> perhaps I could send it some other way tomorrow. FYI... This system is
> running a fully updated version of RHEL 4.

I do not need root (at the moment) if you will logon and rerun mcinet2005.sh:

<as 'root'>
cd /home/mcidas
sh ./mcinet2005.sh uninstall mcadde
sh ./mcinet2005.sh install mcadde

> Thanks.

Please leave the 'mcidas' and 'ldm' account passwords as they are now
until we both get a chance to checkout the LDM and McIDAS/McIDAS ADDE
setups.

Ticket ID: LMF-659255