[McIDAS #RLB-199284]: Problem with McIDAS-ADDE server?

Hi Kwan,

re:
> This is Kwan-yin at the City College of New York.  How
> have you been?

I am well, thank you.  How are you?

> I noticed since yesterday afternoon that I
> could not get access to RTIMAGES and POINT data from many
> ADDE servers including ADDE.UCAR.EDU.  When I tried
> IMGLIST RTIMAGES/GE-IR.ALL, it showed an empty list.  The
> only server that seems to be working is ATM.GEO.NSF.GOV.
> Is there something wrong either with our workstation here
> or are the ADDE servers down?

The machine accessible as adde.ucar.edu (motherlode.ucar.edu) had
some hardware failure yesterday afternoon.  We have been working
to get it back into service since that time.

papagayo.unl.edu's ADDE server has been unavailable ever since
the machine got hacked into over a month ago.  It will be restored
to ADDE service when it has been upgraded to new equipment sometime
this summer.

weather2.admin.niu.edu's ADDE server is up and accessible.  Access
to the server is notably slow for connections that do not originate
from Internet2.

stratus.al.noaa.gov's ADDE server is up and accessible.

pscwx.plymouth.edu is no longer running an ADDE server.  At this point,
it does not look like it will be returned to service.

Hopefully, adde.ucar.edu will be returned to stable service as the day
progresses.

> Kwan-yin Kong
> City College of New York

Ticket ID: RLB-199284