[McIDAS #JGK-397296]: Quick question on ADDE server choices

Hi Gilbert,

re:
> Now that weather2 is configured with satellite imagery from the NIMAGE
> feed, I want weather.admin to "feed" from weather2. I modified
> ADDESERVER.CORE in $mcidas/data to add weather2 to the choices, restarted
> McIDAS, and went to the GUI to configure -> Update ADDE Hostname/IP
> mapping. Then, I went to "ADDE Dataset Locations", but couldn't find
> weather2 there. What file am I forgetting to edit so that weather2 pops
> up in the choices?
>
> ADDESERVER.CORE
>
> I edited the file, but the choices still do not come up on the GUI menu.

ADDESERVER.CORE use has not yet been implemented.  For now, you will need to
edit the file ~mcidas/mcidas2005/src/upcguiprocs.tcl and add the server name
to the appropriate entry(ies) in the procedure defaultAddeServers.

Any/all McIDAS sessions will need to be EXITed and restarted to make the
change take effect.

I will be implementing ADDESERVER.CORE in McIDAS-X v2006 (due sometime towards
the end of July).

Ticket ID: JGK-397296
Department: Support McIDAS