[McIDAS #XKM-786092]: Anotehr bug: ADDE server not working?

Hi Gilbert,

re:
> I have upgraded to gcc 4.1 and Fedora Core 5 on all those machines. Is
> that an artifact of that upgrade, perhaps...

This could indeed be the problem.  Not a new version of GCC and FC5, but,
rather, perhaps the ADDE server setup was deleted when you upgraded.
In fact, now that I think of it, this is most likely the problem you
are seeing.

> and is everything else on the
> ADDE server working for you that should? IE, NIMAGE/satellite from
> weather2?

Nope, the error I get is:

IMGDISP GINIWEST/GW1KVIS STATION=KDEN PLACE=C MAG=-2 -2 EU=IMAGE.ET SU=X ALL=
11 SF=YES REFRESH='EG GRA=(GRA);MAP FILE=OUTLUSAM MCOL=1 WID=1 GRA=(GRA);BAR
(GRA) SU=X X COL=7 ORIENT=VER;TE ?LASTFRM (GRA)'
IMGDISP: Cannot contact server (connect() failed)
IMGDISP: done
IMGDISP failed, RC=2

The 'Cannot contact server' error indicates that ADDE server is not setup.
Here is what you should do as 'root' on both weather2 and weather3:

<as 'root'>
cd /home/mcidas
sh ./mcinet2005.sh uninstall mcadde
sh ./mcinet2005.sh install mcadde

If you have a 'mcadde' user properly defined in /etc/passwd (not a login
account;
same HOME directory as 'mcidas'), then this should be sufficient.

Please let me know when you have run this configuration on weather2 so
I can test access again.

Also, please check to make sure that your firewall permits port 112 access
on both machines and that you do not have a rule in /etc/hosts.allow
that prevents access.

Ticket ID: XKM-786092