[McIDAS #JTW-569937]: McIDAS on weather2.admin.niu.edu

Hi Gilbert,

re:
> I hope you can answer a question for me.

Why is there air?  Well...  ;-)

> I think everything but an audio server is back up on
> weather2.admin.niu.edu. But, when I try to display satellite images
> (specifically, GINICOMP, GINIEAST and GINIWEST, haven't tried the others)
> on LOCAL-HOST, I get no data. From other ADDE servers, it works fine. I
> can't see anything apparently wrong with my server.

I logged onto weather2 a couple of minutes ago and see that ADDE serving
of NOAAPORT GINI imagery was never setup.  That's why you don't get anything
when looking at LOCAL-HOST.

The procedure for setting up ADDE serving of the NOAAPORT GINI images is:

<as 'mcidas'>
cd ~mcidas/data
cp GINIADDE.BAT LOCGINI.BAT
-- edit LOCGINI.BAT and replace 'directory_file_regular_expression' with
   the directory under which the LDM is FILEing NOAAPORT GINI images.
   This is /home/data/gempak/images/sat on weather2
cd ~mcidas/workdata
batch.k LOCGINI.BAT

After running the BATCH invocation, ADDE serving of NOAAPORT GINI imagery
is setup and accessible.

> Are you getting anything?

Evidently we did not setup weather2 as fully as weather3.

Ticket ID: JTW-569937