[McIDAS #YXD-786071]: Installation trouble : Can't locate file for: -lcc_dynamic

Hi Gautam,

re: my login to lena yesterday
> Thanks for clarifying the issue. Since our system was once
> compromised, we are a bit cautious. Our system admin, did a restart
> and changed the passwd since we were not sure who was using the
> 'mcidas' account.

This was a wisely cautions move!

> I would be more than happy to provide you with access back to the
> machines to figure out all the installation procedure for Mac OS X,
> so others in community benefit from it. Please let me know.

I would like the login information so I can look around to learn why
our installation (which I believe is "by the book") has not resulted
in a viable build environment.  If you are willing to provide this
information, I would be grateful.  If your sysadmin is uncomfortable
with this, I will understand completely.

Please forward my apology to your sysadmin.  It was not my intention
to cause more work!

> -Gautam

> Gautam Bisht, M.S.
> Ph.D. Candidate,
> Massachusetts Institute of Technology
> Ralph M. Parsons Laboratory, 48-217-33
> Cambridge, MA 02139
>
> Ph: 617-253-1691 (O)
>
> http://web.mit.edu/gbisht/www/
>

> On May 8, 2006, at 11:14 PM, Unidata McIDAS Support wrote:
>
> > Hi Gautam,
> >
> > re:
> >> Is it you logged on our machine ?
> >
> > Yes.  Sorry I didn't warn you that I would be logging.  Our system
> > administrator just finished reloading MacOS-X on our test machine, and
> > our development environment is not allowing McIDAS to be built with
> > changes indicated in the McIDAS-X installation web pages.  So, I
> > decided to logon to your machine and look at your development
> > environment to see what is wrong with ours.
> >
> > Again, I apologize for not notifying you before logging on.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Tom
> > ******
> > Unidata User Support                                    UCAR
> > Unidata Program
> > (303) 497-8642                                                 P.O.
> > Box 3000
> > address@hidden                                   Boulder,
> > CO 80307
> > ------