[McIDAS #MET-935016]: McIDAS - Cannot get mcunpack to execute -- keep getting message to define McINST_ROOT

Hi Alan,

re:
> Well, I think the configuration work did the trick!

Excellent news!

> That is, I can pull
> up single and loop images without that error.  I believe that given this
> last bit of work, I am good to go, thanks to all of your help.  I am
> truly indebted to you.

No worries.  I'm glad to help when I can.

Just so you know, I just logged onto your machine and made a small
modification to ~mcidas/bin/upcguiprocs.tcl.  The change I made is contained
in a new McIDAS "addendum" (incremental release with bugfixes), but I
figured that it would be quicker for me to edit the file in place
than download and install the update.

> I don't know (or can't remember if I told you), but I am doing weather
> and societal impacts work, coming from the perspective of counseling
> psychologist.

Interesting!

> I am working on my certificate in Atmospheric Sciences
> here at UGa and have become involved in the AMS community.  In this
> regard, I was at OU this week meeting with the OU Met. community and
> some NCAR folks (Eve Gruntfest, Julie Demuth, Rebecca Morss, and Sheldon
> Drobot).  One of them, knew you or had heard of you.

I don't know "had heard of" me is good or bad news :-)

> I sang your
> praises and said you had the patience and support of a saint!  So, let
> me know how I can repay your kindness.

Your kind words are plenty.  I am happy that you are now up and
and running!

Ticket ID: MET-935016