[McIDAS #MET-935016]: McIDAS - Cannot get mcunpack to execute -- keep getting message to define McINST_ROOT

Hi Alan,

I tried to SSH to your machine this evening, and was not able:

from laraine.unidata.ucar.edu:

ssh mcidas@72.148.224.143

This led nowhere.

Looking back at the emails you sent me directly, I am now undertain
about what your machine's name really is.  Here is a snippit from
an email you sent me directly:

  The address for the router to which the Dell (with the Linux and McIDAS)
  is attached is: 72.148.224.143.  I have enabled it to accept the range
  of IP's coming from UCAR that you gave me.  This address takes you to
  the router--I am not sure what you would need to do beyond that to get
  to the Dell.

  Once at the router, nothing goes first.

So, what is the IP address of your machine?  If it really is a private
address, then there is no way I can login.

Question:  did you download the McIDAS distribution directly to the
machine in question?  If yes, approximately when did you download it
and how did you download it (e.g., through the Unidata webportal
or by FTP)?

Ticket ID: MET-935016
Department: Support McIDAS