[McIDAS #TDH-511686]: MOSRPT broken in McIDAS?

Hi Robert,

re: OBSRPT problem plotting observations for an entire state

Since you note that there is a problem with all *RPT routines, it indicates
that the problem is actually in the generic OBSRPT application.  I will
check into what could be the problem and get back to you.

Question:  is this failing on your Solaris 10 x86 installation?  This is
important for me to know since I have had no reports of failures on
pre-10 Solaris installations (SPARC or x86).

> I used to use MOSRPT TX all of the time.  I cannot seem to get that to
> work for any MOS other than GFS MOS.  I have not installed XCD yet, but
> I have instead been pointing to the various free ADDE servers including
> adde.ucar.edu.
>
> I am just doing MOSRPT TX DATA=......  or TYP=........
>
> On the servers where ETA was being decoded correctly (adde.ucar.edu
> returns a source pointer is missing error) I can get single stations,
> but using TX or LA or NM does not work.  I haven't been successful in
> getting NGM MOS from any of the free servers.
>
> Thanks,
> Robert Mullenax
>
> >From address@hidden  Wed Mar 22 15:22:15 2006
>
> Actually, it appears that more of the *RPT commands (TAFRPT and SFCRPT)
> are broken, they work for a single station, but don't work whne given a
> state ID.
>
> This is on 2005b on Solaris x86 Studio 11 compilers.
>
> It does work on v. 2003a under Linux (an old box that was lying around
> here).
>
> Thanks,
> Robert Mullenax

Ticket ID: TDH-511686